EX Collectors
Hola! Bienvenido al Foro EX Collectors.
Para más informacion, noticias y mas, pueden visitar el grupo de FaceBook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/cr.hottoys.collectors/

Disfruta de los temas y participa en nuestra comunidad
de Coleccionistas.
EX Collectors
Hola! Bienvenido al Foro EX Collectors.
Para más informacion, noticias y mas, pueden visitar el grupo de FaceBook:https://www.facebook.com/groups/cr.hottoys.collectors/

Disfruta de los temas y participa en nuestra comunidad
de Coleccionistas.
EX Collectors
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Foro de Colecionista

ÍndicePortalÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

Comparte | 

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)!

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo 
AutorMensaje
Gerard
Gerard
LEGIONARIOX VIP
LEGIONARIOX VIP

Masculino
Cantidad de envíos : 3068

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! Vide
MensajeTema: YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)!   YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! I_icon_minitimeSáb Ene 31, 2009 9:33 am

Here we have Comic Pack #12. While it contains two figures who have already had previous releases in this iteration of the line, these figures are nothing to sneer at. But feel free to sneer at me for ending a sentence with a preposiotion. What's so special about they guys? Well, read on....YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! Scrapiron6wildbill12

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! Scrapiron6wildbill12-2s

Scrap-Iron here is a great representation of his original 1984 look. True, the blue is a bit brighter, but that's not such a bad thing, is it? I'm always wondering if I've got some sun damage on my version 1 Scrap-Iron. The blue's so odd I can never tell. So perhaps the coloration of this figure has more in common with the Comic 3-Pack version 3. Either way, it works for me.
The figure uses the same head mold as the Extreme Conditions version, but the selection for the body parts are a bit different. Using Cobra Trooper (v6) and Viper (v16) parts yields a fairly decent generic look, but when the red vest is added, the parts seem to come together perfectly. The scratches on his face have caused some discussion as to its novelty, but it seems as though Hasbro is playing up the scar Scrap Iron had in his original card art (best seen in our archives with this Canadian carded Scrap-Iron). It does add a bit of character, especially when you take off his goggles and glimpse that dead right eye of his.

Scrap-Iron comes with the full complement of accessories his predecessor did - that great rocket launcher with remote and a pistol. There's no holster for the pistol, though it can be wedged into the empty knife holder on his left thigh. However, I would advise against this as it will eventually stretch out the prongs, possibly to the point of breaking. And who wants to break their toys? (Those of you who taped firecrackers to their Joes as a kid, pipe down!)

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! Scrapiron6wildbill12-3sThis here's Wild Bill (v12) and.... hey wait a minute! Didn't I already review this guy? Yes, unlike Scrap-Iron, we've got a straight repaint on our hands. All the pros and cons of that mold are still there, just in a nice, bright powder blue! To those of you wondering why Hasbro would put Bill in this rather garish tan, orange, and blue ensemble, I must simply roll my eyes and mutter in disgust. We real (and incredibly snobby) fans know that this figure's color scheme has some true history to it. That's right, Hasbro gave us the Sunbow Wild Bill! In a comic pack. Not a DVD Battles pack. Well, I didn't claim to know everything Hasbro's thinking. It is an interesting place to put a cartoon shout-out, but I don't necessarily mind. We've already got the normal olive-drab color scheme.

The included comic shows a battle in the desert between the Joes and Cobras. Something I like about these comics have been that while they are stand-alone stories, they seem to only be a small part of larger, untold narratives. Some may find that frustrating, but I find it stimulates my imagination to makes me want more. And that's how you always want to leave your audience!

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! Scrapiron6wildbill12-4

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)! Scrapiron6wildbill12-5

YoJoe Review: Comic Two-Pack #12: Scrap-Iron (v6) and Wild Bill (v12)!

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 1.